Monday, October 02, 2006

ARMSTRONG CLEARED OF DROPPING INDEFINITE ARTICLE FOUR DECADES AGO

Neil Armstrong can breathe easier:
For nearly 40 years Neil Armstrong has been accused of fluffing his lines during his first steps on the Moon.

On tapes of the Moon landings, he appears to drop the "a" from the famous quote: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

But new analysis of the tapes has proved Mr Armstrong right after all.

Computer programmer Peter Shann Ford used audio analysis software to show that the missing "a" was blotted out by transmission static.

Interesting, I never knew there was a controversy over this. Anyway, I've always preferred the Onion's coverage (nsfw), found it more realistic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.