Thursday, September 15, 2005

PRAIRIE HOM COMPANION

(Via Andrew Sullivan) In what I'm sure will prove to be an extremely ill advised move, Garrison Keillor is suing this blogger over a parody t-shirt. Really. Question: Does Keillor have the same lawyer as Bill O'Reilly? I predict sales of the Prairie Ho Companion shirt will skyrocket.

I've got nothing against Garrison Keillor, though I've never understood why my Seattle public radio station chooses to devote some twenty broadcast hours every weekend to his maddeningly unfunny show. In the spirit of self-promotion, however, I would like to offer my own parody in the hope that Keillor will sue me and make me a star. So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen...I present the Prairie Hom Companion.

GARRISON KELLER
It's a beautiful day here in Lake Wobegron, and the white people are whiter than ever, in fact there's little Billy Johanssen, who was just voted "whitest little boy in town" by the judges at the county fair after he turned whole milk into skim just by sticking his finger in it. Hey Billy, how ya doing?

BILLY
Hi there, I--Oh my gaagggh!!!

GARRISON
Gaaaagggh!!

(GARRISON AND BILLY ARE DEVOURED BY SWARMS OF FIRE ANTS)

END


Come and get me, Keillor!

No comments: