Friday, April 08, 2005

RAGE...SUBSIDING

Article from the Seattle PI on the tragedy of musical instrument theft. I've never had this happen to me in Seattle, but I did have my guitar stolen from a campus practice space in college, a Squier Telecaster which I had scrimped and saved to buy, which had powered my first band in high school, and upon which I became a competent guitarist. It was not vintage, not collectible or anything like that, but to me it was priceless, and I'll always feel a little bit sad about losing it, and a little bit angry at the heartless fucker who walked off with that piece of my musical history.

Dante neglected to mention precisely which circle of Hell is for musical instrument thieves, but, assuming it's in the general area reserved for music-related crimes, I'd guess it's somewhere near the Hootie and the Blowfish Suite .

No comments: