Monday, April 11, 2005

BOLTON

Shorter John Bolton hearings:

Q: Several years ago, you claimed that there was "no such thing as the UN," and that the UN building could lose ten stories and it wouldn't matter at all. Could you explain these statements?

A: Senator, those comments are taken out of context. Directly after I made the comment about there being no UN, I went on to explain how much I love cinammon graham crackers. Always have. And I stand by that.

Q: How is that relevant to...

A: It's out of context, sir.

Q: Okay, could you put your statement about the UN building losing ten stories into context for us?

A: Yes, I'd be happy to. That comment was made in the context of my not yet having been nominated to be UN Ambassador, and in that context I was saying what I really believe, versus spraying bullshit at you through a firehose as I am doing now.

Q: Okay.


Boxer got in some good jabs, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

No comments: