Thursday, December 09, 2004

A TPM FOREIGN POLICY

Josh Marshall weighs in on the Beinart debate. He has his agreements and disagreements with Beinart's prescriptions, but his comments are a refreshing tonic for some of the indignant posturing and building of strawmen with which Beinart's article has been met.

Great bottom-line:
Finally, I should confess that ideally I would like to see the Democratic party unify behind a thorough and coherent TPM agenda, with TPM views on national security, social policy, fiscal policy and all the rest of it. Those who wouldn’t go along with the proper TPM doctrine I’d probably expel, I guess.

In the absence of that TPM party, though, I’m happy to consider myself one more fallen and perhaps disagreeable member of the Democratic party, filled with people I disagree with but with whom I think I share some core political values and beliefs. And I’ll work to point them in what I think is the right direction.

No comments: