Monday, July 19, 2004

YES, LOOK AT MANDELA...


Martha Stewart
coming to grips with her upcoming stay in the federal pen:

In an interview with [Barbara] Walters before her trial, Stewart had said she was afraid of going to prison. In today's interview she said she had prepared herself for the possibility, but said she hasn't given much thought to what life might actually be like in a federal prison.

When asked how she would handle prison food, fellow inmates and strip searches, she said, "I could do it … I'm a really good camper. I can sleep on the ground.… If it is looming ahead of me, I'm going to have to face it, and take it and do it and get it over with. And there's many other people that have gone to prison. Look at Nelson Mandela."


Okay, looking at Mandela, looking at Mandela...looking back at Martha...nope, doesn't help.

In other news, can someone, anyone, explain to me what the big deal is about the Laci Peterson murder case? I don't mean to be insensitive, her murder is if course a tragedy, but what exactly about the case merits the hours upon hours of TV coverage it's getting? Please help me understand.

No comments: